An October post…but in November. Whoops!
This was supposed to be my October blog post, but here we are in November already. How did the past month slip by so quickly? I’m so happy to announce the October release of my romantic suspense: FINAL REFUGE!
Here’s a quick preview:
Has the past caught up with her again?
Erin thought she’d found peace at last in this remote mountain town…until an intruder breaks in, but takes nothing. Is this yet another warning?
Her high school friend’s killer taunted her for five long years with anonymous, untraceable threats on that terrible anniversary. DON’T TELL. But then the messages stopped. If he has found her again will he try to finally finish what he started so long ago?
And what’s with the handsome guy who moved into the cabin next door? He seems so kind to the young boy with him, but he’s also clearly edgy. Is he the very threat she fears?
To find out more about FINAL REFUGE or to buy, CLICK HERE.
FINAL REFUGE is the first in a five-novel inspirational romantic suspense series titled Montana Secrets. The second book, FINAL CHANCE, will be released through Amazon on November 18th, 2021
The rest, FINAL PURSUIT, FINAL ESCAPE, and FINAL WITNESS, will all be released by mid-spring of 2022. Each can be read as a stand-alone novel.
To receive brief notices announcing my future releases, follow me at Bookbub by clicking HERE.
* * *
Thank you to everyone who answered the September questions. There were so many wonderful answers!
HERE ARE THE WINNERS of the drawings from those who responded to September’s question. Winners, please click “Contact Me” (upper right corner of this page) to give me the proper email address for sending your prize. Please put “WINNER” in the subject line. Thanks!
- Mary P: I can still clearly remember learning to ride a bicycle. It was a woman’s bike and I was about seven. I had to stand so that I could use the pedals. I hugged a fence and held on to the fence to steady myself. Surprisingly it did not take too long before I was in full flight. I did eventually grow into the bike. I love landscapes on covers and portraits. Paintings are a great favorite.
- Kari B I have lots of great memories from my childhood, but I think one special one was when my sister and I rode in the back of a pickup truck (with a topper on) from Michigan to Texas to visit relatives. There may have been a lot of bickering, but there was also a lot of bonding and memories made during that long ride. My parents vowed never to take that long of a ride with kids ever again.
- Jackie W: As a budding artist I won many art awards in school A special one was the Freshman Art award in high school…special because there were so many other students who qualified for the award. I prefer book covers with scenery and animals on them. Especially horses and dogs. My friends know I will read ANY book that has a horse on the cover. It does influence whether I read the back cover blurb.
* * *
THE QUESTIONS FOR THIS MONTH: I’ve been writing sweet romance for quite a while, but with my October release I’m starting a five-book inspirational romantic suspense series. Choose at least one question to answer (to write your answer look below for the “Comments” section.) Winners will receive a free copy of m September sweet romantic suspense “ONE MORE KISS.”
If you want to leave an answer for the questions in my Writerspace newsletter, you can do so here as well. Just preface it with “Newsletter.”
- What are your favorite types of books? Romance, romantic suspense, romance with a mystery—or something else?
- Do you prefer sweet (Clean & Wholesome, or PG-13 within the pages of an adult novel), inspirational, or more graphic, secular fiction?
Drawing winners will receive a free e-copy of ONE MORE KISS, my September release.
* * *
Here’s a family favorite recipe, in celebration of the arrival of the fall colors here in our part of the Midwest. My mom made it often while I was growing up.
ARLINE’S AUTUMN SOUP
1 ½ pounds lean ground beef, browned and drained
1 large onion chopped and lightly browned with the ground beef
1 quart water
4 large carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup cubed red potatoes
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
1 or 2 tsp browning sauce
1 whole bay leaf
¼ to ½ tsp dried basil
28 oz can stewed tomatoes, broken up
Combine ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 – 30 minutes
I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather wherever you are!
All the best,
Good Morning, you are a new author to me so thank you for the newsletter. I enjoy a combo of things in my reading. I do enjoy Sweet Romance at times, the anticipation can be the best part. I also enjoy the Romantic Suspense with PG-13 plus some heat. All in all I love Romance no matter what. Looking forward to getting to know your writting
I prefer inspirational romantic suspense and inspirational romance with a mystery. I also read clean romance and women’s fiction.
My favorite types of books are romantic suspense. I prefer PG-13 within the pages of an adult novel or even R, but not X.
romantic suspense…and i like it dark and graphic
Thank you for leaving a comment! You mentioned enjoying dark romantic suspense. Have you read Kylie Brant? She’s a good friend and a wonderful, award-winning author.
She is more in the thriller category now, but her earlier books were RS.
NewsletterAnswers:1. I like romance/ paranormal books.2. I prefer adult fiction.